Who are the Guinness Partnership?

The Guinness Partnership are a national charity and one of the largest housing associations in the country, with around 65,000 homes located across England. The business was formed in 1890 and has links to the family of the famous Dublin brewery. Like any other landlord, the Guinness Partnership has a responsibility to provide and maintain safe and comfortable rental accommodation, and if you have evidence that this has not been the case then you may be eligible to make a housing disrepair claim against the Guinness Partnership.

What can I claim for?

When you sign up to a tenancy agreement with Guinness Partnership it may state what repair issues the landlord is responsible for, and what you as a tenant are responsible for. However, this is a list of common repair issues you should ask your landlord to deal with:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

Unless a disrepair has been caused by your negligence or unreasonable behaviour, you can make a claim against the Guinness Partnership for any costs incurred relating to the disrepair issue and any health effects and inconvenience caused by the disrepair issue.

Am I eligible to make a housing disrepair claim?

You are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim against Guinness Partnership if you can claim all these things:

  • You have a valid tenancy agreement with Guinness Partnership
  • You have reported a disrepair issue direct to Guinness Partnership
  • The repair issue has not been resolved after a reasonable time period
  • You are still living in the property with the issue unresolved

Are all these statements still true? If so you can make a claim today.

Contact Legal HD and make a housing disrepair claim today

At Legal HD we are the housing disrepair claim specialists and we can help you assess the validity of a claim, gather evidence and process the claim to a successful conclusion, on a no-win-no-fee basis, so contact our expert claims team at Legal HD today.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Start Your Claim

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim against Guinness Partnership? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

What problems can be included in a housing disrepair claim?

  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects

  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage

  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators

  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring

Call Legal HD today on 0161 974 7350 or

How It Works

Start Your Claim

Start Your Claim

Start by telling us about your case. You can do this online, by email or by telephone.

Your Case Reviewed

Your Case Reviewed

Our housing disrepair experts will review your case and will outline the next steps in the claims process.

Claim Compensation

Claim Compensation

If we think you have a case, we’ll work with you every step of the way to claiming the compensation you deserve.

The Guinness Partnership

Start a housing disrepair claim

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.