Housing Association Disrepair Claims

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Housing Association Disrepair Claims

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

If you have rented a property through a housing association, have reported a repair problem directly to the landlord and this has not been resolved after giving them a reasonable period of time to act, then you are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim. Contact Legal HD today to start your claim.

What is a housing association?

A housing association is a not-for-profit organisation which believes in providing affordable, good quality housing for everyone. Housing associations are social landlords who provide housing and support often linked to specialist projects supporting social issues such as mental health, substance mis-use, the homeless or ex-offenders. Housing associations can provide a wide range of housing types and in terms of their legal status can come in many different forms, such as industrial and provident societies, trusts, co-operatives and limited companies. Housing associations are often also registered charities.

What kind of issues can I claim for?

If you are experiencing any of these problems in your housing association rented property:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

Then you can make a housing disrepair claim today.

Am I eligible to make a housing disrepair claim?

If ALL of these apply to you, you are eligible to make a claim with Legal HD:

  • You are renting your accommodation from a housing association, through social housing or through a local authority
  • You have reported a problem with the condition of the property directly to the landlord
  • You have given the landlord a reasonable time period to resolve the issue
  • You are still living with the problem unresolved

You are not eligible to make a housing disrepair claim with us if you are renting your property through a private landlord.

Making a housing disrepair claim with Legal HD

Start your housing disrepair claim with Legal HD today. We work on a no-win-no-fee basis so there is no risk to you. Make sure you take and maintain evidence of the problem you have reported, how it has deteriorated and how it is affecting you. We can then help you to secure compensation for:

  • Any costs you have had to pay out
  • Any damage to your personal belongings
  • Any problems with your health that can be directly attributed to the unresolved problem
  • Your inconvenience in living with the problem

Contact HD, the housing disrepair claim specialists, and start your housing disrepair claim today.

Find your housing association below for more information

If your housing association isn’t listed below, do not worry. If you believe you have a housing disrepair claim with any housing association, we can help.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Contact Legal HD

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

Make an enquiry

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What problems can be included in a housing disrepair claim?

  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects

  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage

  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators

  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring

Call Legal HD today on 0161 974 7350 or

How It Works

Start Your Claim

Start Your Claim

Start by telling us about your case. You can do this online, by email or by telephone.

Your Case Reviewed

Your Case Reviewed

Our housing disrepair experts will review your case and will outline the next steps in the claims process.

Claim Compensation

Claim Compensation

If we think you have a case, we’ll work with you every step of the way to claiming the compensation you deserve.

Specialist housing disrepair call handlers

Speak to a housing disrepair specialist

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.