Social Housing Disrepair Claims

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Social Housing Disrepair Claims

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Have you made a disrepair complaint directly to your landlord and it has not been resolved after a reasonable period of time? If you are renting your property through social housing then you are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim, so start your claim with Legal HD today.

What can I claim for?

Have you experienced one or more of the following issues in your social housing rented property?

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

If so, then start your housing disrepair claim today. We work on a no-win-no-fee basis.

How am I eligible to make a housing disrepair claim?

You are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim if ALL of these apply to you:

  • You are renting your accommodation from a housing association, through social housing or through a local authority
  • You have reported a problem with the condition of the property directly to the landlord
  • You have given the landlord a reasonable time period to resolve the issue
  • You are still living with the problem unresolved

Unfortunately, if you are renting your property through a private landlord, you are not eligible to make a housing disrepair claim with us.

What is social housing?

Social housing is a form of lower-cost rented housing which is provided by social landlords who are registered with a social housing regulator. Social housing providers can be housing associations or local authorities. Eligibility for social housing is based on your housing need, with priority given to the homeless, people with welfare or medical needs, victims of domestic violence or any form of abuse and referrals from social services, probation services or a refuge. There are many different types of social housing, such as social rented homes, affordable rent housing, shared ownership, intermediate rent homes and supported housing.

Make a housing disrepair claim with Legal HD

We are the housing disrepair claim specialists and we can help you make a housing disrepair claim for your social housing rented property to ensure you are compensated for:

  • Costs incurred
  • Damage to personal property
  • Health issues incurred
  • Your inconvenience

You need to take evidence of the problem and how it deteriorates to show how it has directly caused your costs and subsequent problems, so get in touch with Legal HD and start your claim today.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Contact Legal HD

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

Make an enquiry

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What problems can be included in a housing disrepair claim?

  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects

  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage

  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators

  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring

Call Legal HD today on 0161 974 7350 or

How It Works

Start Your Claim

Start Your Claim

Start by telling us about your case. You can do this online, by email or by telephone.

Your Case Reviewed

Your Case Reviewed

Our housing disrepair experts will review your case and will outline the next steps in the claims process.

Claim Compensation

Claim Compensation

If we think you have a case, we’ll work with you every step of the way to claiming the compensation you deserve.

Specialist housing disrepair call handlers

Speak to a housing disrepair specialist

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.