Local Authority Disrepair Claims

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Local Authority Disrepair Claims

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

If you are renting your property through a local authority, have reported a repair that requires attention but it has not been resolved, then you can make a housing disrepair claim today.

Am I eligible to make a housing disrepair claim?

You can make a housing disrepair claim with Legal HD if ALL of these apply to you:

  • You are renting your accommodation from a housing association, through social housing or through a local authority. You cannot make a housing disrepair claim if you are renting through a private landlord.
  • You have reported a repair issue directly to the landlord
  • The landlord has been given a reasonable period of time to resolve the issue
  • The problem has not been resolved and you are still living with it

What repair problems can I claim for?

The following repair problems can be claimed for if they remain unresolved:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

You can make a housing disrepair claim today if you have experienced any of these problems.

What is local authority housing?

Local authority accommodation is housing that is owned by your local authority. You need to apply for this type of housing and your local authority will assess your needs and decide if you fit within a priority group. You will then join a housing register and be allocated appropriate housing when it becomes available. You will be eligible for local authority housing if you are eligible for public funds, are connected to the local authority area, are unintentionally homeless and are a priority need. In the UK there are currently five different types of local authority: county councils, district councils, unitary authorities, metropolitan districts and London boroughs. Local authorities can also provide emergency support with housing where this is necessary.

Make a housing disrepair claim with Legal HD

Legal HD are the housing disrepair claim specialists. On a no-win-no-fee basis we can help you with compensation in situations where a housing repair has not been resolved. You can claim for:

  • Costs you have incurred in dealing with the repair
  • Damage to your personal belongings directly related to the disrepair
  • Damage to your health directly related to the disrepair
  • Your inconvenience in living with the disrepair

We encourage you to keep evidence of the disrepair, how it deteriorates over time and how it directly affects you. This will all be useful in securing your compensation, so contact Legal HD and start your housing disrepair claim today. If you have experienced some of these issues but you’re not sure if you’re eligible to make a claim, contact our Housing Disrepair Helpline and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Contact Legal HD

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

Make an enquiry

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What problems can be included in a housing disrepair claim?

  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects

  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage

  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators

  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring

Call Legal HD today on 0161 974 7350 or

How It Works

Start Your Claim

Start Your Claim

Start by telling us about your case. You can do this online, by email or by telephone.

Your Case Reviewed

Your Case Reviewed

Our housing disrepair experts will review your case and will outline the next steps in the claims process.

Claim Compensation

Claim Compensation

If we think you have a case, we’ll work with you every step of the way to claiming the compensation you deserve.

Specialist housing disrepair call handlers

Speak to a housing disrepair specialist

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.