Peabody are one of the oldest not-for-profit housing associations in the UK, having been established for 160 years. They have around 107,000 properties and house 220,000 residents in homes mainly in the London and Home Counties region. As a housing association, Peabody have a legal duty to provide safe and comfortable accommodation for their tenants, and this means they must respond if you report a repair issue they are responsible for. If they don’t you may be able to make a claim with Legal HD.

Are you eligible to make a housing disrepair claim?

In order to make a valid housing disrepair claim against Peabody, all of the following must apply:

  • You are a registered tenant of Peabody
  • You have reported a repair issue directly to Peabody
  • You have given Peabody a reasonable period of time to resolve the repair issue
  • The repair issue has not been resolved and you are still living in the property

Contact Legal HD today if all of these apply to you, and we can help you start a housing disrepair claim.

What you can claim for

As your registered landlord, Peabody are not liable for repairs caused by your negligence or misadventure. However, they are responsible for common repair issues such as:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

So if you have reported one or more of these issues to Peabody and they have failed to rectify the problem, continue to keep evidence of the issue and then contact Legal HD, because you may be able to make a housing disrepair claim. On a no-win-no-fee basis we will assess the validity of your claim based on the information and evidence you provide us. If we decide you have a valid claim we will proceed with your case and, using our specialist expertise in housing disrepair claims, will seek to secure compensation for:

  • Costs incurred in living with the disrepair issue
  • Costs of damage to your property caused by the disrepair issue
  • Ill health caused by the disrepair issue
  • Your inconvenience in living with the disrepair issue

So contact Legal HD and let us help you start a housing disrepair claim today.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Start Your Claim

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim against Peabody? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

What problems can be included in a housing disrepair claim?

  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects

  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage

  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators

  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring

Call Legal HD today on 0161 974 7350 or

How It Works

Start Your Claim

Start Your Claim

Start by telling us about your case. You can do this online, by email or by telephone.

Your Case Reviewed

Your Case Reviewed

Our housing disrepair experts will review your case and will outline the next steps in the claims process.

Claim Compensation

Claim Compensation

If we think you have a case, we’ll work with you every step of the way to claiming the compensation you deserve.

Peabody Logo

Start a housing disrepair claim

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.