Places For People is a housing association offering a broad range of properties across the UK. They are a pioneering community place-maker, and help with the social impact of regeneration. Like any housing association, Places for People have a responsibility to their tenants to provide safe and comfortable housing. So if you have reported a repair issue that was not caused by your negligence or misadventure, then they must act upon it.

What can I claim for?

There are four ways in which you can be compensated for having to live with a disrepair issue:

  • Costs incurred by living with the disrepair
  • Damage caused to possessions by the disrepair issue
  • Effects on health caused by the disrepair issue
  • Compensation for your inconvenience

If you contact Legal HD today – the housing disrepair claim specialists – then we can help you start a claim. You can make a valid claim if you have suffered any of these common disrepair issues:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

So get in touch with our team today if you have reported one or more of these issues and it has not been resolved by Places For People.

How do I know if I am eligible?

You can only make a housing disrepair claim against Places For People if ALL of these circumstances apply to you:

  • You are renting a property from Places For People
  • You have reported a repair issue directly to Places For People
  • You have given Places For People sufficient time to respond to the issue
  • Places For People have not carried out the repair and you are still living in the property

Contact our team if these apply to you and we can help you make a claim today.

Legal HD – the housing disrepair claim specialists

At Legal HD we have many years of experience successfully claiming compensation for tenants who have suffered the trauma and stress of housing disrepair issues, and we have challenged housing associations such as Places For People in doing so. So contact us today and we can look at your claim and the evidence you have gathered, and on a no-win-no-fee basis will process your claim to earn you the compensation you deserve.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Start Your Claim

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim against Places For People? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

What problems can be included in a housing disrepair claim?

  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects

  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage

  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators

  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring

Call Legal HD today on 0161 974 7350 or

How It Works

Start Your Claim

Start Your Claim

Start by telling us about your case. You can do this online, by email or by telephone.

Your Case Reviewed

Your Case Reviewed

Our housing disrepair experts will review your case and will outline the next steps in the claims process.

Claim Compensation

Claim Compensation

If we think you have a case, we’ll work with you every step of the way to claiming the compensation you deserve.

Places For People Logo

Start a housing disrepair claim

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.