Housing Disrepair Claims Bath

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Housing Disrepair Claims Bath

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

We are the housing disrepair claim specialists, so contact us today if you live in Bath and have experienced a housing disrepair issue, and we can help you to secure no-risk compensation.

Have you reported a repair problem to your landlord in Bath but they have ignored it? You may be eligible to claim compensation. Your landlord has a legal duty to carry out the following repairs:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

If you have experienced one or more of these issues, have reported them to your landlord and they have failed to respond to fix the issue, you may be eligible to make a housing disrepair claim today.

What can I claim compensation for?

Living with a disrepair problem can cost you money while also being uncomfortable and stressful, so we aim to secure you a compensation figure which accurately reflects these challenging circumstances. This can include:

  • Any costs you have incurred directly related to the disrepair issue
  • Any personal injury or ill health directly caused by the disrepair issue
  • Any damage to personal belongings directly caused by the disrepair issue
  • Your inconvenience

Am I eligible to make a claim?

You are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim if you:

  • Are renting property through a housing association, social housing or local authority and still live in the property
  • Have reported the problem directly to your landlord
  • The landlord has not responded to carry out the repair and you have given them a reasonable amount of time to respond.

In all cases you should keep evidence of the problem, such as photos and dates, and how the problem has deteriorated over time.

Housing disrepair claims in Bath

Bath is a historically important city in the southwest of the UK. It’s important heritage dates back to Roman times, and coupled with being one of the Great Spa Towns of Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this helps it to attract around six million tourist visitors every year. Sitting on the River Avon and with a population of around 94,000, Bath is a culturally rich city and with a wealth of attractive Georgian architecture also has a diverse property sector and rental market.

This flourishing rental sector is enjoying significant investment, including in the surrounding areas of Shepton Mallet, Bristol, Frome and Devizes. However, this investment does still mean that housing disrepair claims are very common. So if you have experienced disrepair problems with your landlord in Bath, contact our housing disrepair claim experts and we can work to secure compensation for you.

Our no-win-no-fee also includes a free call-back service. This is available to provide you with a no-risk, fast and efficient service, so contact us today to get started.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are common disrepair complaints which I can claim for?

Your landlord must provide safe and secure accommodation which provides basic systems of welfare. Common disrepair issues can therefore include:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould and damaged plasterwork
  • Rotting or damaged windows
  • Water leaks or signs of water leaks (internally and externally) from damaged roofs, ceilings, pipes and gutters
  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators
  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring
  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects
  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage
  • External damage – brickwork, paths, fences and gates

What is the eligibility criteria for a housing disrepair claim?

You are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim if you:

  • Are renting through a housing association, social housing or local authority
  • Have reported a problem directly to your landlord
  • Have given the landlord a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue
  • Are still living in the property with the problem unresolved

How quickly can I make a claim?

You must allow the landlord a reasonable amount of time to carry out the repair once you have reported it. So you must consider how complex or costly the repair is and how quickly the landlord ‘should’ take to repair it. Legal HD will help you make the judgement as to whether you have left a reasonable amount of time. You have a maximum of six years after reporting the issue to make a claim, so it is important that you have recorded evidence of the unresolved issue if you hope to be successful with the claim.

Am I liable to pay for any repairs?

You should only pay for repairs yourself if you have been negligent or through unreasonable behaviour have caused the damage yourself. In these circumstances you should carry out the repair yourself. However, the landlord may choose to do the repair and charge you for it. Any other damage or disrepair falls under the landlord’s responsibility, so they are liable for the repair, and there should be no financial impact on you.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Start Your Claim

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

Specialist housing disrepair call handlers

Speak to a housing disrepair specialist

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.