Housing Disrepair Claims Essex

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Housing Disrepair Claims Essex

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Are you renting property in Essex and have reported a disrepair issue to your landlord that hasn’t been resolved? You could be eligible to make a housing disrepair claim. So contact our expert team at Legal HD and we can help you start a housing disrepair claim today.

How do I know I am eligible to make a housing disrepair claim?

If you can answer ‘YES’ to ALL of these questions, then you are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim in Essex today:

  • Do you rent your accommodation from a housing association, local authority or through social housing?
  • Have you reported a disrepair issue directly to your landlord, for which they are responsible?
  • Have you given the landlord a reasonable period of time to fix the issue?
  • Are you still living in the accommodation with the issue unresolved?

Contact our team at Legal HD today and we can help you make a housing disrepair claim if all of these apply to you.

What disrepair issues can I claim for?

Your tenancy agreement may list the repair issues your landlord is responsible for, but common complaints include:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

So contact our team if you have reported any of these problems and it remains unresolved.

What compensation can I claim for?

At Legal HD we are the housing disrepair claim specialists and we know how disrepair issues can be distressing and uncomfortable. Therefore you are entitled to claim compensation for the entirety of your ordeal, and on a no-risk basis. So if you start a housing disrepair claim today, we will help you secure compensation for:

  • Any costs incurred relating to living with the issue
  • Any health impact of living with the issue
  • Any damage to your personal belongings caused by the issue
  • Your discomfort and inconvenience in living with the issue

Contact our team at Legal HD today and on a no-risk, no-win-no-fee basis we can secure suitable compensation for you.

Housing disrepair claims in Essex

Essex is a large and diverse county in the southeast of England, which borders both London and the southeast coast. It is known as one of the Home Counties and is part of the commuter belt to London, and hence enjoys good transport links to the capital. With this background, and a population of around 1.5 million, there is a wide variety of properties and a healthy property sector in Essex.

The rental sector in Essex is particularly thriving due to the London commuter population, and also with major towns such as Chelmsford, Braintree, Colchester and Southend in close proximity. As a result housing disrepair claims in Essex are quite common, and if you are renting property in Essex and have experienced a disrepair issue, then contact our team and start a housing disrepair claim today.

Frequently Asked Questions

What common complaints can I claim for?

The list of items a landlord is most commonly responsible for includes:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould and damaged plasterwork
  • Rotting or damaged windows
  • Water leaks or signs of water leaks (internally and externally) from damaged roofs, ceilings, pipes and gutters
  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators
  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring
  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects
  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage
  • External damage – brickwork, paths, fences and gates

Can I make a claim if I caused the disrepair issue myself?

No, you have a duty to maintain the property through your own behaviour, just as the landlord does, so if you have caused a disrepair issue through your own negligence or unreasonable behaviour you can’t make a claim and you may be liable to pay for the repair.

Can the landlord charge me for making repairs?

If the damage requiring a repair is something the landlord is liable for, they cannot charge you for the repair and must bear this cost, regardless of whether you have made a housing disrepair claim. If the damage has been caused by your own negligence or unreasonable behaviour, then the landlord may choose to carry out the repair, but they are entitled to ask you to pay the related costs.

What will it cost me to make a claim?

There is no cost or risk to you making a housing disrepair claim. We operate a no-win-no-fee policy, so we only charge you if we win the case, and this fee can be taken out of your compensation award. We will specify this fee before any claim is processed, and the fee is fixed and won’t change.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Start Your Claim

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

Specialist housing disrepair call handlers

Speak to a housing disrepair specialist

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.