Housing Disrepair Claims Leeds

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Housing Disrepair Claims Leeds

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

We are the housing disrepair claim specialists, so contact us today to secure no-risk compensation

Have you reported a repair problem to your landlord but they have ignored it? You may be eligible to claim compensation.

Your landlord has a legal duty to carry out the following repairs:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

So if you have experienced one or more of these issues, have reported them to your landlord and they have failed to respond, you may be eligible to make a housing disrepair claim today.

What does my compensation cover?

We understand that living with a disrepair problem can be costly, damaging and stressful, so we seek to secure you a compensation figure which accurately reflects all that, so we can claim compensation to cover:

  • Any costs you have incurred
  • Any personal injury or ill health
  • Any damage to personal belongings
  • Your inconvenience

As long as any of these impacts can be proven to be directly attributable to the disrepair problem, then you can claim compensation.

What makes me eligible to make a claim?

You are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim if you:

  • Are renting property through a housing association, social housing or local authority
  • Have reported the problem directly to the landlord
  • The landlord has not responded to carry out the repair
  • You have given the landlord a reasonable amount of time to respond and are still living with the problem.

In all cases you should keep evidence of the problem, such as photos and dates, and how the problem has deteriorated over time.

Housing disrepair claims in Leeds

Leeds is a dynamic city in the north of England with a strong industrial and cultural history, but which today is a centre for legal, business, healthcare and digital excellence. Leeds attracts a diverse range of people with progressive employment opportunities, and also has a large demographic of young professionals graduating from a strong study population.

This results in a flourishing property market and a thriving rental sector. Leeds city centre is undergoing vast regeneration with new-build properties mixing with traditional properties in areas such as Roundhay, Horsforth and Chapel Allerton, but in the wider Leeds region areas such as Otley, Guiseley and Wetherby also showcase a diverse range of property styles. This all adds up to a rental sector where housing disrepair claims in Leeds are very common, so if you have experienced disrepair problems with your landlord in Leeds, contact our housing disrepair claim experts and we can work to secure compensation for you.

Our no-win-no-fee and free call-back service is available to provide you with a no-risk and fast and efficient service, so contact us today to get started.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are common complaints which I can claim for?

A landlord has a duty to provide basic systems and welfare infrastructure to deliver safe and secure accommodation. Common issues you can claim for include:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould and damaged plasterwork
  • Rotting or damaged windows
  • Water leaks or signs of water leaks (internally and externally) from damaged roofs, ceilings, pipes and gutters
  • Faulty heating, boilers and radiators
  • Electrical issues – faulty/damaged sockets and exposed/damaged wiring
  • Damaged floors, doors, walls, windows and stairs
  • Damaged fittings – bathroom, toilet, kitchen
  • Infestations – vermin or insects
  • Structural issues – evidence of walls, plaster or roof damage
  • External damage – brickwork, paths, fences and gates

How do I know I am eligible for a housing disrepair claim?

To be eligible for a housing disrepair claim you need to:

  • Be renting through a housing association, social housing or local authority
  • Have reported a problem directly to your landlord that they are responsible for
  • Have given the landlord a reasonable amount of time to respond to the report
  • Be still living with the problem unresolved

How long after reporting a problem can I make a claim?

You must give the landlord a reasonable amount of time to carry out the repair. So bear in mind how complex or costly the repair is and how quickly the landlord ‘should’ take to repair it. Legal HD will help you judge if you have left a reasonable amount of time. After that you have a maximum of six years to make a claim so it is important that you have recorded evidence of the unresolved issue if you hope to be successful with the claim.

Do I have to pay for any repairs?

No, only if you have been negligent or through unreasonable behaviour have caused the damage yourself. In this case you should carry out the repair yourself, or the landlord may choose to do the repair but could charge you for it. If the damage falls under the landlord’s responsibility they are liable for the repair, and hence they should carry out the repair themselves or sanction you to do it but cover the cost so there is no financial impact on you.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Start Your Claim

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

Specialist housing disrepair call handlers

Speak to a housing disrepair specialist

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.