Housing Disrepair Claims Manchester

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Housing Disrepair Claims Manchester

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Contact our legal experts about your housing disrepair claim

We can help you get the compensation you deserve and your housing repair fixed. Just contact us today.

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

Have you reported one or more of these problems to your landlord and the problem hasn’t been fixed?

Your landlord is duty bound to provide safe and secure rental accommodation for you and your family, so if you have reported a problem to the landlord, given them a reasonable time period to resolve the issue, and you are still living with the problem, then you can start a claim today.

  • We are the housing disrepair claim specialists
  • No-win-no-fee service available
  • Free call-back service
  • Nationwide coverage to represent you anywhere in England and Wales
  • High success rate

What can I claim for?

When we start a housing disrepair claim for you we are seeking to recover any costs you have incurred while living with the problem and also for the inconvenience of living with the problem. We can also ensure that the landlord is legally enforced to carry out the repair, or cover the costs of you carrying out the repair. This is all on a no-win-no-fee basis so there is no risk to you if you start a claim today.

How does the claim process work?

  • You start a claim – online, email or by phone
  • We review the details
  • We talk to you about your case and establish the facts
  • Our housing disrepair claim experts will outline the next steps in the claim process
  • If we think you have grounds for a successful claim we will proceed with the case and work to claim your compensation

Housing disrepair claims in Manchester

Manchester is a thriving city in the north west of England with a rich industrial and cultural heritage. The city has enjoyed widespread regeneration in recent years with city centre living and a strong student population. Manchester has many densely populated areas, such as Salford, Stretford and Didsbury and in the Greater Manchester area, towns such as Stockport, Bolton and Bury provide many different types of housing.

If you live in Manchester and are renting from a housing association, through social housing or through a local authority, then you are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim. If your landlord is leaving you with a home that is unfit to live in and has not repaired damage and defects that you have reported, then contact our Manchester housing disrepair claims experts.

You deserve to have a safe and secure home for you and your family so contact Legal HD today and we can make sure that happens.

Frequently Asked Questions

What can I claim for?

Your landlord is responsible for the Property structure (roof, walls, ceilings, floors and windows) property fittings (bathroom, toilet and kitchen fittings, plus associated pipes and drains), welfare infrastructure (heating and water systems and associated pipework), alarms (security, fire and other safety alarms) safety features (gas appliances, electrical safety, any ventilation systems). So if you encounter problems with any of these features your landlord is responsible for repairing them at no cost to you. If they do not do this, after a reasonable period of time you can start a claim.

What does my claim cover?

If we think your case is valid and will be successful, and you are eligible, we will proceed with a claim to ensure:

  • The landlord carries out the repairs you have reported
  • You receive back the costs for any damage to your personal belongings directly related to the issue
  • You are compensated for any financial loss directly relating to the issue
  • You are compensated for any personal injury or ill health directly relating to the issue
  • You are compensated for the inconvenience of living with the issue

Am I eligible to make a housing disrepair claim?

You are eligible to make a claim if ALL of these apply to you:

  • You are renting the property through a housing association, social housing or local authority
  • You have contacted the landlord directly about a problem that needs repairing
  • You have given the landlord a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue, but they haven’t and you are still living with it, or you have had to move out because it was unresolved.

How much compensation will I get?

This is always calculated on an individual basis, there is no set amount. The eventual award will depend on factors such as how much rent you pay, how badly the repair had deteriorated since you reported it, how it affected you and how long the issue remained unresolved.

Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Start Your Claim

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

Specialist housing disrepair call handlers

Speak to a housing disrepair specialist

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.