Housing Disrepair Claims Newcastle

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Housing Disrepair Claims Newcastle

or call Legal HD on 0161 974 7350

Have you experienced a housing disrepair issue with your landlord in Newcastle and it hasn’t been resolved? At Legal HD we are the housing disrepair claim specialists and if you are eligible, we can help you secure compensation for your ordeal with a no-risk claims process, so contact our team today.

You can claim for:

Any disrepair issue that comes under the landlord’s responsibility and has not been caused by your negligence or unruly behaviour. This commonly includes:

  • Damp problems
  • Mould problems
  • External damage
  • Water leaks
  • Structural issues
  • Faulty heating
  • Faulty electrics
  • Infestations

Are you eligible to make a housing disrepair claim?

You are eligible to make a housing disrepair claim in Newcastle if ALL of these statements apply to you:

  • You are renting your property from a housing association, through a local authority or through social housing
  • You have reported the disrepair issue directly to your landlord
  • You have given the landlord a reasonable period of time to resolve the issue
  • You are still living in the property with the disrepair issue unresolved

If all these statements apply to you, keep evidence of the disrepair issue and how it is affecting you, and contact our team today to start a housing disrepair claim.

Compensation you can claim for

At Legal HD we understand that living with a disrepair issue can be costly, uncomfortable and stressful, and we believe that you should be suitably compensated for that ordeal. So we can work to secure you compensation for:

  • Any costs you have incurred in living with the issue
  • Any health impacts
  • Any damage to your property
  • Your inconvenience and disruption

If it can be proven these are all directly related to the unresolved repair issue, we can secure suitable compensation for all of these circumstances.

Housing disrepair claims in Newcastle

Newcastle is a thriving and vibrant city on the banks of the River Tyne, it has a population of nearly 300,000 and as such is the most populous city in the North East of England. Newcastle has a historic importance as one of the world’s largest shipbuilding and repair centres in the industrial revolution, but today it has a diverse and culturally rich economy. The area has a well-developed student population with various flourishing universities and colleges and this has led to many young professionals settling in the area. This means that the property sector in Newcastle mixes traditional housing with smart, contemporary developments and a fast-paced rental sector. This includes surrounding areas such as Gateshead, Durham, Chester-Le-Street and Sunderland.

Although Newcastle has a well-established rental sector, it does still encounter housing disrepair issues and housing disrepair claims in Newcastle are quite common. So if you need to make a housing disrepair claim today, then contact our team of experts and we can help you secure suitable compensation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I claim against a private landlord?

No, unfortunately we cannot process a claim against a private landlord, only if you are a tenant of a housing association, local authority or through social housing.

How much will it cost me to make a compensation claim?

There will be no cost for you to make a claim. Our ‘no-win-no-fee’ policy means we make no upfront charge for our services, but if we win we will deduct our costs from your compensation award. If we lose the case we will make no charge, so there is no risk to you in making a claim.

How long have I got to make a claim?

You can make a claim up to six years after you first reported the disrepair issue to the landlord, and if you have suffered a personal injury as a result of the disrepair, you have three years to make a claim. In both cases it is important that you retain evidence of these issues in order to prove your ordeal was caused by the disrepair issue.

How much compensation should I expect to receive?

It is not possible to state a specified amount of compensation because this will vary according to your case and its applicability to a set of criteria, this includes:

  • How much your rental charges are for the accommodation
  • Whether the disrepair has deteriorated since you first reported it, and how badly
  • The severity of how the problem has affected you
  • How long the issue has remained unresolved since you first reported it to the landlord.
Andrew Dow - Legal HD Co-Founder
Peter Hartley - Legal HD Co-Founder

Start Your Claim

Do you believe you have a case to make a housing disrepair claim? If so, contact Legal HD today via the form below or call us on 0161 974 7350 today.

Specialist housing disrepair call handlers

Speak to a housing disrepair specialist

We offer No Win No Fee and have a high success rate with a wide range of housing disrepair claims.